The John R. Grubb YMCA is holding a free community celebration this Saturday – everyone is invited to attend!
WHAT: Peace Day 2021
WHEN: Saturday, July 24, 2021
10 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
WHERE: John R. Grubb YMCA
1611 11th Street, Des Moines
9:30 a.m. Paul Bell Xtreme Hip Hop
10 a.m. Kids games, inflatables and activities begin
Food vendors open
10:30 a.m. Performance by the Isiserettes
Noon – 5 p.m. 3-on-3 Basketball Tournament
- Register teams onsite – tournament begins at 12 sharp!
- $300 cash prize for the winning team
1 – 9:30 p.m. Music and entertainment on stage
- Larry Berenguel & Friends with Don Brown
- Community Recognition – Arlesha Nelson and Joyce Bruce
- Sharane Calister (former contestant on The Voice)
- Brian “TAZ” Grant
- Leradee & The Positives
- Sabba Fire and Drum Circle
6 p.m. All-Star Basketball Game
- Grubb Stars take on the community – Grubb gym