The Walnut Creek Family YMCA is conveniently located just off I-235 in West Des Moines, with easy access for residents in Windsor Heights, Urbandale and the west side of Des Moines.
Celebrating it's 40th anniversary in 2020, the Walnut Creek Y serves a diverse community with a variety of programs and services focused on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. From our Tumble Tots program to Active Older Adults fitness classes, people of all ages and backgrounds find the resources they need to become healthier in spirit, mind and body.
Walnut Creek Y is much more than a gym. Our members, staff and volunteers create a community of caring and support where connections are made and lifelong friendships are formed. Visit the Walnut Creek Y and experience the difference for yourself. We offer:
- Our 25-yard, eight-lane pool for competitive swimming, lap swimming, diving and exercise, plus our adjacent recreational pool with water features
- Men's, women's and family locker rooms
- Basketball courts
- A Youth Gym where kids take part in sports, classes and recreational programs
- Cycling studio with state-of-the-art Keiser bikes
- An aerobics studio for group exercise and mind/body classes
- An elevated running track
- Two cardio training areas with a wide variety of the latest equipment
- An expansive weight room with a separate Functional Fitness area
- Indoor supervised play area and outdoor playground for kids
- Community room
- And much more!
News & Stories
Stay up to date on the latest happenings around the YMCA of Greater Des Moines. Our blog is where we share news about upcoming events, success stories of Y members and the role the Y plays in the community.Visit the Blog